Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blah.

Lately I'm not sure if "bad" days with the kids are because they are insufferably aggravating...




or b/c I'm halfway through that short-tempered, uncomfortable 3rd trimester.

It was a day peppered with public temper tantrums, disrespectful attitudes, headaches (literal!), and fatigue.  A toddler who woke up on the wrong side of the crib and a 4 year old whose already short attention span was nonexistent.  I lost my temper in dramatic fashion too many times to count.  It was one of those days you look at your kids and ask yourself "Is this what I've poured the last four years of my life into?"




Today I am thankful for Psalms 3:3.  For the fact that God's character does not change based on my circumstances.  Grateful that He is forgiving and gracious even when I'm not, even when I spend the entire day with an angry heart, hollering at the kids moments after I've asked for forgiveness in prayer.



I'm thankful too for these words I read this morning:
Don't think this:
I can't do this thing called ________.  I'm not a good _________.  
Think this:
I am not adequate, but God has given me the Holy Spirit, who empowers me and makes me adequate for what God calls me to do.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency (competency, adequacy) is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant. 
2 Corinthians 3:5-6


Isn't it a weird relief to know that you CAN'T do it alone?  And that that's ok?


In the midst of the fury, I excused myself and took a short walk to the mailbox for some fresh air.  Inside was a large manilla envelope from Social Services.


Yeah.  :)
Of all the days.

You know what else I'm super thankful for?  Bedtime.  Also known as a "Do over".
Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment